donderdag 12 januari 2012

Let's get started

Hi, welcome to my blog. I'm going to keep track of my LCHF Diet on this blog as a lot of people asked me to especially inform them on how it progresses and of course adding some recipes (since cooking is one of my passions).

In the past I've tried several diets with increasing weight results. From shakes to weightwatchers, soupdiets etc. All went fine as long as you keep doing the diet. However, once you get to a point that you had enough of soulless food, expensive meals without value and astronaut-alike designed foods you get back to old habits and get back to your old weight pretty fast. And usually some extra kg's as a bonus.

The LCHF diet caught my attention (Low carb, High Fat) as it seems more logic in comparisson to more "traditional" or trendy diets. I wont explain in full detail what it's all about cause there are lots of other people who have done that in the past that will propably explain it better then I would. I'll provide some usefull links and movies for you to check.

What it comes down to is we now eat way to many carbohydrates & sugar. So those are skipped in the diet (meaning no bread, pasta, potatoes, alcohol) and high fat meals are encouraged.(fat fish, meats, fat diaries, eggs)   I hear your concerns about your cholesterol ? Read up on it and you'll see there's no real issue as there's no scientific proof that one affects another.



As it's in my nature to be quite sceptical but eager to try things, I wanted to do this the right way. So I'll get regular blood checks from my doctor and I'm guided by a fysiotherapist to get basic cardio workouts to get back to an acceptable condition.


So some usefull info to check, I'll add more when I encounter usefull info.




- The movie "Fat Head" (2009). Follow up on the famous Supersize Me, instead he looses weight on only eating at McDonalds. http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Head-Tom-Naughton/dp/B001NRY6R2

- The food revolution.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSeSTq-N4U4

- Dietdoctor. LCHF for beginners  http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
- http://blogg.passagen.se/dahlqvistannika/?anchor=my_lowcarb_dietary_programe_in


On this blog I'll be posting recipes and progression on how everything evolves.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten